Groundwater levels are basic information needed for evaluating water conditions and for basic and applied research. For these efforts, water levels are being measured statewide in wells completed in multiple aquifers. Some wells are measured for specific purposes, such as the Delaware Groundwater Monitoring Network and the Water Conditions programs, while other wells are measured for specific projects. Table contains summary data from wells having 4 or more water level observations.
The following data attributes are included in the spreadsheet:
- DGSID - DGS well identifier
- easting,northing - UTM 1983 coordinates, rounded to nearest meter
- altitude - NGVD 1929 elevation of land surface in feet
- scrntop, scrnbot - depth to top and bottom of open or screen interval in ft below land surface
- NBR - number of observations
- hyd_unit - DGS aquifer code, see listing below
- begin, stop - years of first and last water level observations
- minwl, avgwl, maxwl - minimum, average, and maximum depth to water in feet below land surface
Note that a negative water level reading indicates above land surface.
University of Delaware
Delaware Geological Survey Building
Newark, DE 19716
Mon - Fri; 8:00am to 4:30pm