The Delaware Geological Survey (DGS) is a science-based, public-service-driven Delaware state agency at the University of Delaware (UD) that conducts geologic and hydrologic research, service, and exploration for the benefit of the citizens of the First State.
The RSS feed below includes the latest 25 DGS news items.
Below are incoming news feeds from several of our state and federal partners. Each news item link will take you directly to the source. The "more" at the end of each block will list all available items for that source, many with text summaries.
- Governor Markell, DNREC Secretary Small announce Delaware Clean Transportation Incentive Program
- DNRECs DuPont Nature Center to host Fish n Fun Day for families on July 19 in Slaughter Beach
- Reclaim Our River Program to hold Second Annual Recycled Cardboard Boat Regatta Aug 8 on Nanticoke River
- Nanticoke River Wade In and Report Card Launch to be held July 16
- DNREC Fish and Wildlife Natural Resources Police Blotter June 29 to July 5
- 40 Years of North Pacific Seabird Survey Data Now Online
- Power of Prediction: Avian Fatalities at Wind Facilities
- Northern Alaska Coastal Erosion Threatens Habitat and Infrastructure
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Remain the Primary Threat to Polar Bears
- Water Used for Hydraulic Fracturing Varies Widely Across United States
USGS Newsroom Technical
- USGS Welcomes European Space Agencys New Land Observing Satellite
- USGS Releases New Estimate of Copper Potential for Northeast Asia
- A New Era of Space Collaboration between Australia and U.S.
- USGS Webinar: Using The National Map Services to Enable Your Web and Mobile Mapping Efforts
- USGS Ups Ease of Use for Landsat Data
FEMA Region III News Releases
FEMA Press Releases
- State/FEMA Recovery Center to Close in Wagoner County
- Disaster Recovery Center To Open in Denton County for Texas Flood Survivors
- State/FEMA Recover Centers to Open in Carter, Marshall and Okfuskee Counties
- FEMA Officials: Don’t Wait for Insurance Settlement to Seek Disaster Aid
- Wyoming Disaster Assistance Expanded: Assistance Available for Governmental Jurisdictions in Four Counties