The Delaware Geological Survey (DGS) is a science-based, public-service-driven Delaware state agency at the University of Delaware (UD) that conducts geologic and hydrologic research, service, and exploration for the benefit of the citizens of the First State.
The RSS feed below includes the latest 25 DGS news items.
Below are incoming news feeds from several of our state and federal partners. Each news item link will take you directly to the source. The "more" at the end of each block will list all available items for that source, many with text summaries.
- Volunteers encouraged to sign up now for 2014 Delaware Coastal Cleanup
- Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission to hold Sept 11 public hearing on interstate striped bass management plan
- Park Road to reopen near UD’s Lewes campus
- Delaware's dove and resident Canada goose and teal seasons to open in September
- Eight piping plover chicks fledged this season at Cape Henlopen beachnesting bird monitors report
- Tuesday Midday Update on South Napa Earthquake
- Update on the Magnitude 6 South Napa Earthquake of August 24, 2014
- Natural Methane Seepage on U.S. Atlantic Ocean Margin Widespread
- A Decade of Water Science: USGS Helps Assess Water Resources in Afghanistan
- Recent Chilean Earthquakes Signal Potential for Similar Future Events
USGS Newsroom Technical
FEMA Region III News Releases
FEMA Press Releases
- Be Disaster Aware. Take Action to Prepare. National Preparedness Month Launches September 1
- NJ Firefighters to Receive New Breathing Apparatuses - Stanhope Wins Federal Grant of Nearly $158,000
- Ten Years Later: Remembering Hurricane Frances
- Federal Grants to Local Fire Departments Offer Up-to-Date Equipment and Training to Stations Large and Small
- Recent Report Highlights Need for Greater Focus on Preparedness Planning for Households