The Delaware Geological Survey (DGS) is a science-based, public-service-driven Delaware state agency at the University of Delaware (UD) that conducts geologic and hydrologic research, service, and exploration for the benefit of the citizens of the First State.
The RSS feed below includes the latest 25 DGS news items.
Below are incoming news feeds from several of our state and federal partners. Each news item link will take you directly to the source. The "more" at the end of each block will list all available items for that source, many with text summaries.
- Hearns Pond dam and boat ramp now closed for up to a year while replacement structures are built
- Fish & Wildlife Natural Resources Police Blotter: June 6-12
- Delaware promoting Operation Dry Water June 24 thru 26 to prevent boating under the influence and help save lives on the water
- Deadline extended to June 30 to nominate a student for 2016 Young Environmentalist Awards
- DNREC Division of Energy and Climate announces public workshops June 22 and 23 on relaunch of Energy Efficiency Investment Fund
- Winners Announced in Visualize Your Water High School Citizen Science Challenge
- Most Wind Towers in Southern Great Plains Are Low Risk to Sandhill Cranes
- How Climate Change Might Affect Polar Bears' Bodies
- Mystery Solved: Traits Identified for Why Certain Chemicals Reach Toxic Levels in Food Webs
- State of the Survey
USGS Newsroom Technical
FEMA Region III News Releases
FEMA Press Releases
- 3 Disaster Recovery Centers to Close June 25 in Houston and Cypress (Harris County)
- FEMA in Pearland (Harris County) and Columbus (Colorado County) With Advice on Lessening Storm Damage
- Texans Denied FEMA Aid Encouraged to Ask ‘Why?’
- Severe Weather Wednesday: Get Ready Now
- When there’s Lightning, Bolt to Safety Indoors