The Delaware Geological Survey (DGS) is a science-based, public-service-driven Delaware state agency at the University of Delaware (UD) that conducts geologic and hydrologic research, service, and exploration for the benefit of the citizens of the First State.
The RSS feed below includes the latest 25 DGS news items.
Below are incoming news feeds from several of our state and federal partners. Each news item link will take you directly to the source. The "more" at the end of each block will list all available items for that source, many with text summaries.
- Sussex man caught on camera arrested and fined for multiple deer hunting violations
- Annual Delaware Waterfowl and Trout Stamp contests set for April 23
- DNREC Division of Fish and Wildlife now accepting applications for low number hunting license lottery on June 3
- DNREC order extends Peninsula Compost Company’s closure deadline by three months, with $10,000 daily fines for failure to comply by June 30
- Delaware students ‘Make a Splash’ and learn about protecting water resources
- Polar Bears Unlikely to Thrive on Land-based Foods
- Golden State Quads Add Trails
- New Technology Helps Identify Dispersal of Avian Flu Virus between Asia and Alaska
- Updated Information on Cuba Mineral and Petroleum Resources Released
- Media Advisory: Public Invitation: What's the Status of Water in South Dakota?
USGS Newsroom Technical
- USGS Releases Online Tool for Estimating Atrazine Levels in Streams and Rivers
- USGS Seeks Proposals for Earthquake Science
- New Report Indicates Potential for Five Times Known Copper Deposits Yet to Be Found in Central Asia
- Appalachian Basin Energy Resources -- A New Look at an Old Basin
- First Round of Lidar BAA Awards Released
FEMA Region III News Releases
FEMA Press Releases
- Federal Aid Programs for the State of West Virginia Declaration
- President Declares Disaster for West Virginia
- 2015 FEMA Individual and Community Preparedness Award Application Period Now Open
- FEMA Announces Notice of Funding Opportunity for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 Emergency Management Performance Grant
- Federal Aid Programs for the State of New Hampshire Declaration